The modern urban dweller, even in a beautiful city like Boulder, faces pressures that were unknown a generation ago. That is why yoga, meditation and other forms of exercise and therapy to help the mind and body to unwind are now so popular. Vacations are no longer just about fun, they are a way to get away from the daily grind and recharge the batteries. But yoga and meditation do not work for everyone and you can’t go on a vacation every couple of weeks. So what else is there to rejuvenate your body and spirit and help you to live life to the fullest? The short and simple answer is a massage or to be more specific, Thai massage. Many people feel guilty about going to a massage spa – they think it is a luxury and the money spent there could be used better elsewhere. That is wrong.
Protecting your Body and Spirit is not a Luxury
Escaping to another world for a short while is not a bad thing. In fact, it is very good for you. You can leave the pressures behind and allow your body to relax and destress. That is what a good Thai massage does. When your body is relaxed your mind is able to shed some of the pressures on it and also deal more effectively with those that remain. In other words, a massage is an investment in keeping you fit and active and by doing so, improving the quality of your life.
Another common misconception is that going for a massage to feel better is a selfish act. The opposite is true. When you have a good massage you have a lot of positive energy that has a positive impact on your loved ones and those around you. When you feel good, you are able to help others feel good about themselves too.
What you get from visiting a Massage Spa
Have you ever wondered why a massage makes you feel so good? Here are some of the reasons why.
- The time spent at the spa allows you to disengage from the outside world. This is not just work and responsibilities. You also disengage from family and friends. That is a good thing. The “me” time enables you to refocus your energies and become more effective in what you do and how you engage with and relate to those who are important to you.
- The massage enables your body to slow down and by doing so re-generate. That is why you feel so refreshed and energized after the massage.
- Your blood circulation improves so your metabolism and cells receive more oxygen and nutrients to repair damage caused by wear or injuries, and so become stronger and more resilient.
- A massage provides relief from chronic pain caused by muscle spasms, arthritis, sciatica etc.
- The production of Serotonin, a hormone that makes you ‘feel good” is increased.
- Overall, you feel relaxed and destress and so better able to face the world again.
To Feel the Best, Get the Best
How you feel after a massage depends on how good it is. To maximize the many benefits, go to a massage spa that is professional, has a great reputation and provides the services of qualified licensed massage therapists. To be at your best is an investment in your life and the lives of those you care for.